Best Skin Care Anti-Aging Products
You might be looking for the best skin care anti-aging products, but do you know what it is that’s causing your wrinkles? You should. Your skin is going to need attention as you age if you want it to remain supple, plump, and youthful. You can’t stop the process of aging, but you can minimize the appearance of fine lines and slow the process down. You’ve probably already considered an anti-wrinkle cream, but let’s consider the factors you should consider before you buy yours.
The Common Causes of Fine Lines and Wrinkles
Fine lines and wrinkles tend to appear in areas that get the most sun exposure, so your hands, forearms, neck, and face. Experts suggest that they are a result of a variety of factors, as opposed to strictly one issue. So, what are the most common causes of wrinkles?
- Exposure to the sun. Studies suggest that 80% of your skin aging is due to UV ray exposure. Long-term exposure to the sun can also result in your skin yellowing, pigmentation, and impaired elasticity. Just a small increase of damage to your skin can age your face as much as 3 years. This is because long-term exposure to UV rays causes a breakdown of the connective tissues in your face, resulting in a loss of elasticity.
- Tobacco use. Smoking serves to constrict blood vessels, which impairs your skin’s blood supply.
- Facial expressions. Laughing, smiling, frowning, and squinting are all major contributors to wrinkles and fine lines. Whenever you use your facial muscles, a groove starts to form underneath the skin’s surface. Of course, when you are young, it will bounce back, the ability to do that as you age, though, is more difficult.
- Yes, genetics plays a big role in the formation of fine lines and wrinkles. If your parents saw the appearance of wrinkles earlier than people their age, there is a strong likelihood that you will, too.
Are Anti-Aging Products Effective?
Some manufacturers over promise and under deliver. The truth is, though, that there are a wide variety of anti-aging products on the market that do work. Studies have found that participants start to see results in as little as four weeks. Its efficacy is entirely dependent on the ingredients that your product contains. It will also depend on how long you use the product for, and if you take care of your skin in other ways.
What to Look for In Your Anti-Aging Products
- Read the label. Don’t be afraid to read up on the ingredients that are in the prospective anti-aging product.
- Don’t sweat the cost. The price tag shouldn’t be the main factor, just because it’s expensive doesn’t mean it will work.
- Read reviews. What better way to find out more about a product by reading up on what other customers have experienced in using it. Look at product reviews and read customer testimonials.
There are certain ingredients which indicate that your anti-aging product will be effective. Keep your eyes peeled for some of the following ingredients:
- This is known to revive the appearance of skin, as well as reduce fine lines, baggy skin, and dark circles under your eyes. It works by shrinking pores to make your skin appear flawless.
- Hyaluronic Acid. This naturally occurring ingredient plumps the skin, moisturizes, and reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
- This antioxidant creates healthy skin cells.
- Vitamin C. This antioxidant serves to protect your skin from sun damage. It’s highly effective as a topical solution.
- This ingredient is often used to heal stretch marks, wounds, and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- This antioxidant improves the elasticity of the skin and reduces water loss.
- Grape seed extract. This has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Skin Care Product by Skin Type
Before you make your purchase, consider your skin type. Every type has a different need for the best effects. If you have oily skin, you’ll know products are challenging. You want something that is water based or formulated specifically for oily skin. For people with sensitive skin, beware, because many products result in irritation and rashes. You should avoid products that contain retinol.
The best skin care anti-aging products will slow down the signs of aging, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Related Article: Best Skin Moisturizer For Aging Skin