Anyone who is struggling with hair loss wants to find hair regrowth supplements that work, right? Perhaps more than that, you want to know the whys of the hair loss. It has a plethora of causes, which can include medications, illness such as an under-active thyroid, genetics, cancer treatment, and more. For many people, it can result in a blow to self-confidence, and lead to anxiety, depression, and a whole host of other emotional problems.
Why do we find hair loss so devastating? Doctors suggest that it’s a cultural thing, with many of the world’s societies associating a healthy head of hair with good health, youth, and beauty. For hundreds of years we have been adorning ourselves with a variety of hairstyles to show off our beauty and attractiveness. Sadly, for many, their hair is what makes them feel beautiful and losing it can be devastating.
Hair Regrowth Supplements That Work For Female Pattern Baldness
Women, perhaps more so than men, associate hair with beauty, sensuality, and sexuality. If you raise the subject of hair, people instantly imagine long, flowing locks and picture women that have long been known for their flowing locks, Lady Godiva, Rapunzel, and more.
Therefore, when a woman starts to experience thinning hair, she starts to believe that she’s losing her beauty. She might not feel as attractive as she once did.
It’s a key part of the psyche for men, too, though. For men, hair represents virility. When men start to see thinning, hair loss, or a bald patch, they start to believe that they are not as attractive, or as masculine as they once were.
Even in ancient times we saw hair as a sign of power and strength. Look at the Bible story of Samson, this Herculean figure who derived his strength from his long locks. He tells Delilah, his love, his secret and she conspires to cut off his hair to cause the downfall of his people.
No matter what it is that causes your hair loss, how you deal with it emotionally is the key to coping with its effects. You are not just your hair.
Hair Regrowth Supplements That Work For Coping with The Effects of Hair Loss
There are plenty of positive ways that you can deal with the emotional impacts of losing your hair.
- Losing your hair isn’t a life-threatening disaster. It isn’t pleasant, it may even feel like the end of the world, but provided it isn’t the result of a life-threatening illness, or as a result of a treatment for a life-threatening illness, you will live. Its challenge is only as great as you believe it to be.
- Keep it in perspective. Your friends and your family are still going to love you even if your hair is thin or you have a bald patch. Your hair isn’t your source of beauty, nor will your partner fall out of love with you just because you’re losing your hair. You have plenty of other attributes that excite your partner.
- You can turn to a professional. Don’t panic, you can turn to a hairstylist to find a hairstyle that makes the most of what you have. You don’t have to sport a comb over.
- Talk therapy can help. If you find yourself struggling with the impact of your hair loss, then turn to a mental health professional. It provides you with a non-judgemental ear to talk through your issues and help you with finding ways to cope with the emotional toll.
- It can grow back. This is especially true for anyone who has lost hair because of an illness, or a treatment for an illness. Your hair loss is probably only temporary, and it will come back.
- Look ahead. There are new hair loss supplements hitting the market all of the time, and that will only continue as science continues to find more treatments to stop hair loss and encourage hair growth. It may seem devastating when you first notice your hair thinning, but be determined to not let it get you know. Place your focus on other things, and know that there are plenty of supplement options to encourage hair regrowth and stop the hair loss in its tracks.
If you want hair regrowth supplements that work then you should try some of the products we offer. We only endorse those hair regrowth supplements that work.
Related Article: Best Hair Loss Supplements